Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Natalie Tinson Natalie Tinson is offline

Default How do I split a table over 2 pages?

I'm using Microsoft Word and when I am inputing the information into the
table, it just goes onto the next page and leaves a massive blank area on the
onto the next page without leaving massive blank areas?

Thanks for your help
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I split a table over 2 pages?

To split a table over 2 pages in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Click anywhere inside the table that you want to split.
  2. Go to the Layout tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the Table Size group, click on the Properties button.
  4. In the Table Properties dialog box, click on the Row tab.
  5. Under Options, check the box next to Allow row to break across pages.
  6. Click OK to close the dialog box.

Now, when you type information into the table and it reaches the end of the page, it will automatically continue onto the next page without leaving a massive blank area on the previous page.

I hope that helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Brian Brian is offline

In the table properties dialogue box, select the row tab and check the "Allow
row to break across pages" check box.

hope this helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Natalie Tinson" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Word and when I am inputing the information into the
table, it just goes onto the next page and leaves a massive blank area on the
onto the next page without leaving massive blank areas?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Natalie Tinson[_2_] Natalie Tinson[_2_] is offline

I did this but now the table continues onto the next page as I wanted but
everything from the next page gets shifted onto the one after - even though
there is plenty of room for it.

Do you know if this can be solved or is it just the version of Word I am
using won't allow it?

Thanks

Natalie

"Natalie Tinson" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Word and when I am inputing the information into the
table, it just goes onto the next page and leaves a massive blank area on the
onto the next page without leaving massive blank areas?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Brian Brian is offline

Click the ¶ symbol on the toolbar. Go to the bottom of the table. Do you have
a series of the symbols running down the page. If so start from the first
below the table and delete them leaving the last in place.

Or do you have a section break or hard page break at the bottom of the
table. If so delete this and see what happens.

Post back with the results.
--
Brian McCaffery

"Natalie Tinson" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Word and when I am inputing the information into the
table, it just goes onto the next page and leaves a massive blank area on the
onto the next page without leaving massive blank areas?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Natalie Natalie is offline

Thank you, that just answers another one of my prolems!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

"Natalie Tinson" Natalie wrote in message
I'm using Microsoft Word and when I am inputing the information into the
table, it just goes onto the next page and leaves a massive blank area on
continue
onto the next page without leaving massive blank areas?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MM MM is offline

Hello Brian

I know this is a while after the first post but I am having a similar
problem and your suggestions didn't work for me. I have a table with varying
number of columns at each row. My table needs to be longer than 1 page
however it transplants to the second page except for the first row which
stays at the top of the first page with empty space for the rest of the first
page. the option to split the table is checked and I clicked that symbol and
there is only one of them under the table that cannot be removed.

"Brian" wrote:

Glad I could help.
--
Brian McCaffery

"Natalie Tinson" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Word and when I am inputing the information into the
table, it just goes onto the next page and leaves a massive blank area on the
onto the next page without leaving massive blank areas?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Are the paragraphs in the table formatted to be Kept together or Kept with
Next?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"MM" wrote in message
Hello Brian

I know this is a while after the first post but I am having a similar
problem and your suggestions didn't work for me. I have a table with
varying
number of columns at each row. My table needs to be longer than 1 page
however it transplants to the second page except for the first row which
stays at the top of the first page with empty space for the rest of the
first
page. the option to split the table is checked and I clicked that symbol
and
there is only one of them under the table that cannot be removed.

"Brian" wrote:

Glad I could help.
--
Brian McCaffery

"Natalie Tinson" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Word and when I am inputing the information
into the
table, it just goes onto the next page and leaves a massive
blank area on the
just continue
onto the next page without leaving massive blank areas?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"MM" wrote in message
Hello Brian

I know this is a while after the first post but I am having a similar
problem and your suggestions didn't work for me. I have a table with
varying
number of columns at each row. My table needs to be longer than 1 page
however it transplants to the second page except for the first row which
stays at the top of the first page with empty space for the rest of the
first
page. the option to split the table is checked and I clicked that symbol
and
there is only one of them under the table that cannot be removed.

"Brian" wrote:

Glad I could help.
--
Brian McCaffery