aWebb

Default Why is my word document not printing to full page

My word doc has scaled down and leaving a large right and bottom margin. I
have checked the margins and paper is A4 - don't know where else to check?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Why is my word document not printing to full page

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Word document not printing to the full page. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

First, let's check the page setup settings in your document. Here's how:
  1. Open your Word document.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Margins" and select "Custom Margins" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, make sure that the margins are set to the desired size. If they are not, adjust them accordingly.
  5. Click on the "Paper" tab in the "Page Setup" dialog box and make sure that the paper size is set to A4.

If the margins and paper size are already set correctly, there may be another setting that is causing the issue. Here are a few more things to check:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Print" in the left-hand menu.
  3. In the "Settings" section, make sure that "Print All Pages" is selected.
  4. Click on the "Print Options" button and make sure that "Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11" is not selected.
  5. Click on the "Advanced" button and make sure that "Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11" is not selected under the "Paper/Output" section.

If none of these solutions work, there may be an issue with your printer settings. Try checking the printer settings to make sure that the paper size and margins are set correctly.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you.
garfield-n-odie

A few ideas:
1. Click on Tools | Options | Print | uncheck the "Allow
A4/Letter paper resizing" box | OK.
2. Click on File | Print | Print what: Document | Scale to
paper size: No scaling.
3. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325527 "WD2002:
Document Printed with Wide Right Margin and Small Text If You
Turn Off Balloons".