megamble2

Default Table of Contents - Multiple Files

I know how to create a table of contents in Word, but I have a rather large
document that appears in multiple Word files. I would like to create one
master table of contents that will link directly to the other files. Is this
possible?
Jonathan West

"megamble2" wrote in message
news
I know how to create a table of contents in Word, but I have a rather large
document that appears in multiple Word files. I would like to create one
master table of contents that will link directly to the other files. Is
this
possible?

Yes. Take a look here

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
www.intelligentdocuments.co.uk
Please reply to the newsgroup

megamble2

Thank you Jonathan! Those instructions seem easy to follow, but I ran into a
problem right away. After press control F9, I began to enter RD \f
chapter1.doc, but this set of brackets completely disappeared as soon as I
typed the "D" in "RD". So I couldn't get much futher. Why?

"Jonathan West" wrote:

news