Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

Default Mixing Graphics in A Text Box--Detached

I had problem trying to label various parts of a picture with lines and
labels using the graphics tools. Thing would always stay still, so I decided
to stick the picture inside a text box and then use the graphics tools to do
the same. It seemed much more controllable. When I put something where I
intended it stayed there. However, when I decided to move the big text box,
I got some strange results. It appeared that some of the things I though
were in the box were outside it. To veryify this, I tried grouping items and
then cutting the group. It became apparent that all was not well. I tried
cutting the big box with the same results. That is some of the contents of
the box were cut but some lines, labels, circles were left behind. What's
going on? How do I get all of this stuff into one text box, so that I can
move it all around to other parts of the document?

"I often quote myself - it adds spice to
my conversation." - George Bernard Shaw

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

If you use a drawing canvas, everything will stay together automatically.

Is there some tutorial or other reference on how to use the canvas?

"I often quote myself - it adds spice to
my conversation." - George Bernard Shaw

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Try typing "drawing canvas" into Word's Answer Wizard.

"W. Watson" wrote in message
ink.net...
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

If you use a drawing canvas, everything will stay together

automatically.

Is there some tutorial or other reference on how to use the canvas?

"I often quote myself - it adds spice to
my conversation." - George Bernard Shaw

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 23 08:57 PM
Way to hide text without hidden text font? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 6 December 11th 05 09:53 PM
need text only greeting card format, no graphics jeff Microsoft Word Help 3 October 10th 05 08:04 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM