Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
seyyah

Default Headings

I think i didn't very well understood headings. All of my heading are going
like 1,2,3 etc. After a point i want to restart it with A,B. But i couldn't
be able to do it. I tried to create new style but when i change anything
with the heading 1 or other headings, all headings also change. I'm
selecting the option "Apply this point forward or selected text" in the
customize menu but change applies all of the headings. This is important
because figure captions also must be like Figure A.1, Figure A.2 etc. in
that section which were like Figure 1.1 etc. at previous sections. Help me
please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See "How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document" at:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"seyyah" wrote in message ...
I think i didn't very well understood headings. All of my heading are going
like 1,2,3 etc. After a point i want to restart it with A,B. But i couldn't
be able to do it. I tried to create new style but when i change anything
with the heading 1 or other headings, all headings also change. I'm
selecting the option "Apply this point forward or selected text" in the
customize menu but change applies all of the headings. This is important
because figure captions also must be like Figure A.1, Figure A.2 etc. in
that section which were like Figure 1.1 etc. at previous sections. Help me
please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
seyyah

I couldn't find the answer there. I want to number Appendix section shortly.
Previous chapters are arabic numbers but appendix will be capital letter.
How can i do it?

"seyyah" wrote in message ...
I think i didn't very well understood headings. All of my heading are
going like 1,2,3 etc. After a point i want to restart it with A,B. But i
couldn't be able to do it. I tried to create new style but when i change
anything with the heading 1 or other headings, all headings also change.
I'm selecting the option "Apply this point forward or selected text" in
the customize menu but change applies all of the headings. This is
important because figure captions also must be like Figure A.1, Figure
A.2 etc. in that section which were like Figure 1.1 etc. at previous
sections. Help me please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You didn't look very hard. There's an item on that site with the subject
"Number headings and figures in Appendixes (sic)" that almost certainly
deals with what you want to do.

--

"seyyah" wrote in message
I think i didn't very well understood headings. All of my heading are
going like 1,2,3 etc. After a point i want to restart it with A,B. But i
couldn't be able to do it. I tried to create new style but when i change
anything with the heading 1 or other headings, all headings also change.
I'm selecting the option "Apply this point forward or selected text" in
the customize menu but change applies all of the headings. This is
important because figure captions also must be like Figure A.1, Figure
A.2 etc. in that section which were like Figure 1.1 etc. at previous
sections. Help me please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
seyyah

Ok it doesn't clearly describe the usage of the customizing box for
different usage but gives clues. I dig a bit and found, thanks.