Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Duprex

Default Name of Font set for Bullets in Word 2002

When I attempt to implement bullets, other than numbers or letters I get a
small rectangular block. The only thing I can think of is that a while back
I removed a bunch of fonts I never used that had I accumulated over the
years. In my enthusiasm I might have removed the Font that Word 2002 uses
for bullets. Can anyone tell me the font that provides the non-letter or
number bullets?

TIA
--
Tom Duprex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

Yopu will want ro have various Symbol/Ding fonts installed:
symbol.ttf
wingding.ttf
at the least, and possibly
wingding2.ttf
wingding3.ttf
webding.ttf
as well.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Tom Duprex" wrote in message
: When I attempt to implement bullets, other than numbers or letters I get
: small rectangular block. The only thing I can think of is that a while
back
: I removed a bunch of fonts I never used that had I accumulated over the
: years. In my enthusiasm I might have removed the Font that Word 2002
uses
: for bullets. Can anyone tell me the font that provides the non-letter
or
: number bullets?
:
:
: TIA
: --
: Tom Duprex
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TedMi

To determine which font the bullets come from, select a bulleted paragraph
and Format Bullets and Numbering Customize Font.
You can then set the bullet to be a particular character in a font that you
have. By default, most bullet shapes come from Wingdings.
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Duprex