Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen

Default page border front page of manual

Hi. I searched this but could not find anything. I have a manual which I
have added a page border to. However when the page is 3 hole punched for
a binder, the holes go into the left border line. Can I get the left and
right border lines to move in to about 1/2 inch each? I tried a few
things (gutter, increase left margin), but when I do the text mucks up.
Hoping someone can help, Colleen.

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Colleen,

I agree with Suzanne. I had a restaurant menu that I needed to place a
border around, and my printer wouldn't print the bottom border. This
was a limitation of my printer and not the Word program itself (I use
Word 2003).

I found that when I went to FormatBorders and ShadingPage
BorderOptions(button), I was able to change my border to measure from
the 'text' instead of the 'edge of the page'. This way, my text didn't
get altered in any way, yet the border surrounding it adapted to the
size that I wanted to appear on the page.

Best of luck!

Karen