Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brenda Rueter

Default Table of Contents headaches

Word 2002 SP-3

User has 135 page document she's been working on for over a year with a TOC
at the beginning. These entries have been tweaked to no end; I suspect the
document may well be corrupted by now.

When she tries to regenerate a TOC she gets "Error! No table of content
entries found." It seems like this should have something on the Knowledge
Base but I've not found the magic words to find it.

Deleting the TOC code and re-inserting the TOC does not help. The TOC
entries were all marked manually with the Alt + Shift + O and when setting
up the TOC we are going into Options and selecting Table Entry Fields. I
can see the marked text but cannot get a TOC. What do we do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Display Hidden text in the document (Tools | Options | View) and then use
Find to search for ^19 TC to verify whether the TC fields are still in
place. If you are including table entry fields in the TOC, it should be
working.