Jenny

Default Odd page section break

I'm updating a manual by creating sections and renumbering each section to
start with page 1. For each new section I want a title page on an odd page
(without a page number,) then I want the content to start on the next odd
page (page 1.) I originally had the page numbers 1 - 97 and odd page section
breaks to create the title page (heading 1) and then the start of the content
(Heading 2, 3, content) and it worked great. However when I changed the page
numbering to start over at 1 for each section, I lost some of the odd page
section breaks. They were still there, but they weren't printing. Most of
the title pages started on an odd page but the content then started on the
back of the title page. There was another section where the opposite
happened, the title page printed on the back of the last page of the previous
section.

I've created a temporary fix by inserting a hard page break at the end of
the previous section and after the title page but I've read multiple times to
never do this. Is there a better way to do this? I assume there's a way
using styles but I haven't worked with them very much so I'm unsure how to
start.

I'm using Word 2002.

Stefan Blom

To make your odd page section breaks work as expected together with
restarted page numbers, you must enable at least one of the following
options in the Page Setup dialog box (to display this dialog, choose
Page Setup on the File menu):

- "Mirror margins" on the Margin tab.

- "Different odd and even" on the Layout tab.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

An odd page break should be giving you a blank page, but you will

not see it
till you print. It doesn't show up even in Print Preview unless

you display
a two-page spread.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.