vballDrummer

Default HOWTO: keep para text on same line as numbered heading w/diff. for

I wish to start my normal paragraph text right after the auto-numbered
heading text which is a different format.

1.0 THIS IS BOLD/UNDERLINE: this is normal
text that I want.

In generic terms:
1.0 Heading 1 : Style 1

The only way I can figue it out is to style the entire paragraph Heading 1
then manually change the style of the text.
Daiya Mitchell

This page should give you the information you need, though it also answers
another question.
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/RunInSidehead.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

vballDrummer

Using Word2003, I can get the TOC heading to work as long as I don't add
outline numbering, in which case Word then formats the whole paragragh to be
Heading, not just the selected text.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

This page should give you the information you need, though it also answers
another question.
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/RunInSidehead.htm

Daiya Mitchell

Suzanne Barnhill is more familiar with this, perhaps she will know. I don't
really use this feature at all.

Some wild guesses:
Try inserting the Style separator manually first?

If you are selecting the number as well as the heading text, I think you
must be selecting the entire paragraph.

If you are adding the numbering *after* setting up the double-style
paragraph, perhaps adding the numbering overrides it? Try doing it first.
Are you adding the numbering through the toolbar? The numbering should be
defined as part of your style already.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

What do you mean by TOC heading? Do you need a TOC in your doc, or are you
just looking for an easier way to format this:
1.0 THIS IS BOLD/UNDERLINE: this is normal
text that I want.

In generic terms:
1.0 Heading 1 : Style 1

Than this:

The only way I can figue it out is to style the entire paragraph Heading 1
then manually change the style of the text.

Per your original question.

DM

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

This page should give you the information you need, though it also answers
another question.
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/RunInSidehead.htm

How to change the "style" on the same line of text with Word. CAK Microsoft Word Help 2 January 18th 05 05:57 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
can the line that borders a text box be removed deligal Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 11:00 AM
How to not select whole line of text when clicking to right lms Microsoft Word Help 5 November 26th 04 05:15 PM
multiple numbered heading formats PJPaul Microsoft Word Help 2 November 26th 04 03:38 PM