Terri Creagh

Default Formatting decimal places in a Word table

I would like to format some numbers in a Word (MSOffice 2000) table to show
two decimal places instead of one. (I have a mixture of one- and
two-decimal place numbers and I want to format them uniformly.) I have been
unable to find any way to do that. I have tried doing it through the
"Formula" property from the "Tables" toolbar, but if I type in a format
only, i. e. no formula, the function will not take it. Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Terri

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Formatting decimal places in a Word table

Hi Terri,

Formatting decimal places in a Word table is actually quite easy. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the cells that you want to format.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu.
  3. In the "Format Cells" dialog box, select the "Number" tab.
  4. In the "Category" list, choose "Number".
  5. In the "Decimal places" box, enter "2".
  6. Click "OK" to apply the formatting.

This should format the selected cells to show two decimal places. If you have a mixture of one- and two-decimal place numbers, you can select all the cells and apply the formatting to make them uniform.
Jezebel

Word tables are not spreadsheets. The contents of a cell are simply text;
not dynamic content evaluated and formatted automatically as you work. Embed
or link part of a worksheet if you need Excel-like functionality.

.net...