tweedepoging

Default Word conflict?

Ed shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing OO. I've never used it,
although I might some day. I just didn't want someone to be mislead
into thinking they were going to get a free download of MS Office.
That would be a big surprise as a result of a poorly-phrased response.

Ed

I never said is was *MS* Office, so strictly speaking I wasn't telling
a lie.

If one says "Office", one means a combination or suite of a word
processor, a spreadsheet, presentation software and perhaps some other
productivity tools like a database or a PIM.

People should be smart enough to know that OpenOffice is not MS Office.
Graham Mayor

tweedepoging wrote:
People should be smart enough to know that OpenOffice is not MS
Office.

But some are clearly not smart enough to note that this is a forum for
Microsoft Word, so reference to Open Office here is irrelevant .

tweedepoging

Graham Mayor shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

tweedepoging wrote:
People should be smart enough to know that OpenOffice is not MS
Office.

But some are clearly not smart enough to note that this is a forum for
Microsoft Word, so reference to Open Office here is irrelevant .

Point well taken.

However I don't see you making this comment every time someone in this
newsgroup asks a question about WordPerfect. ;-)

Also, and please verify this if you can, I have tried to only make a
reference to OpenOffice whenever people ask how to do something that is
not possible with Microsoft Word, either because feature X or Y does
not exist in Microsoft Word but does in OpenOffice, or because they
might expect something to be free when in fact it costs a lot of money,
or they are trying to do something that could be considered a breach of
the license or otherwise illegal.

Just my 0.02 €

tweedepoging

Graham Mayor shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Graham,

You posted a reply, but added no text.
Did a slippery mouse or keyboard trick you into doing this? ;-)