Larry B

Default Text Box margins

I have Word 97. I was putting a flyer together using Text Boxes and ran into
a problem. When using fully justified text in a text box with fonts that are
italicized or naturally have some letters that lean to the right (like "f")
a small amount of text is cut off on the right side margin only. Just enough
to make the right edge look weird. Maybe the rightmost 10% of a letter. With
upright block fonts, there is no impact... with italicized fonts, every
letter is affected.

I have played with the text box margins but that only pushed the margin away
from the text box edge, it had no affect on this issue, though.

Any suggestions?? Thanks, Lar

Genine

You could put a table cell inside a text box and remove the borders from the
table cell, and then type your text into the table cell. This would keep the
text sufficiently far away from the textbox border so that it doesn't appear
cropped.

"Larry B" wrote:

I have Word 97. I was putting a flyer together using Text Boxes and ran into
a problem. When using fully justified text in a text box with fonts that are
italicized or naturally have some letters that lean to the right (like "f")
a small amount of text is cut off on the right side margin only. Just enough
to make the right edge look weird. Maybe the rightmost 10% of a letter. With
upright block fonts, there is no impact... with italicized fonts, every
letter is affected.

I have played with the text box margins but that only pushed the margin away
from the text box edge, it had no affect on this issue, though.

Any suggestions?? Thanks, Lar

Larry B

"Genine" wrote in message
news
You could put a table cell inside a text box and remove the borders from

the
table cell, and then type your text into the table cell. This would keep

the
text sufficiently far away from the textbox border so that it doesn't

appear
cropped.

I understand what you are saying but the proximity of the text to the text
box border is not a factor. If I increase the text box internal margain it
just pushes the text further into the text box, but the issue of the edge of
the text being cut off is unaffected. It is just cut off further away from
the border.

Thanks

"Larry B" wrote:

I have Word 97. I was putting a flyer together using Text Boxes and ran

into
a problem. When using fully justified text in a text box with fonts that

are
italicized or naturally have some letters that lean to the right (like

"f")
a small amount of text is cut off on the right side margin only. Just

enough
to make the right edge look weird. Maybe the rightmost 10% of a letter.

With
upright block fonts, there is no impact... with italicized fonts, every
letter is affected.

I have played with the text box margins but that only pushed the margin

away
from the text box edge, it had no affect on this issue, though.

Any suggestions?? Thanks, Lar

David Mathi Raj via OfficeKB.com

Hi! Larry,

Genine was right !!

The text inside the Text-Box should be placed inside a TABLE CELL, in other words, convert the text of the box to TABLE. Then your problem is solved. I tested and found Genine method is working fine.

David

Larry B

"David Mathi Raj via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
Hi! Larry,

Genine was right !!

The text inside the Text-Box should be placed inside a TABLE CELL, in

other words, convert the text of the box to TABLE. Then your problem is
solved. I tested and found Genine method is working fine.

David

I tried two things. I converted it to TABLE and to FRAME. Both seemed to fix
it.

Now for the obvious. What are they vs a TEXT BOX??

Thanks, Larry

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Larry,

The text inside the Text-Box should be placed inside a TABLE CELL, in

other words, convert the text of the box to TABLE. Then your problem is
solved. I tested and found Genine method is working fine.

I tried two things. I converted it to TABLE and to FRAME. Both seemed to fix
it.

Now for the obvious. What are they vs a TEXT BOX??

A textbox is a graphical object, located in Word's "Drawing layer". It's also
part of the OFFICE drawing tools; IOW, it's not an integral part of Word. So
things don't always work quite the same way :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Mirror Text Box [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 1 January 24th 05 07:02 PM
help, problem with text field in word 2003 Salvatore Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 03:40 PM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM