Harry Comer

Default Normal

I would like to be able to edit the normal document ---
the one that appears on the screen when you first open Word
2000.

It now opens in what it says is 11 point Arial, but is
nothing like 11 point type.

What I want is for it to open with a different top
margin, a different type face and different font size.

Is there a safe way to make these changes?

Thanks for the help.
Charles Kenyon

See URL: http://www.addbalance.com/word/defaultfont.htm for information on
how to change your default font. You may also want to look at "How to change
the default settings for Word documents"

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Harry Comer" wrote in message
I would like to be able to edit the normal document ---
the one that appears on the screen when you first open Word
2000.

It now opens in what it says is 11 point Arial, but is
nothing like 11 point type.

What I want is for it to open with a different top
margin, a different type face and different font size.

Is there a safe way to make these changes?

Thanks for the help.

Assia

Hi, yes you can your default settings that you wish to use. First for the
margins: to do that open the page set up dialog box set your margins and
click the defaults button at the bottom of this dialog box. It will remain
that way.
For the font, click: the format menu, style and a dialog box opens, the
click the "format" button and choose "font" option then set it up the way you
want it.
Or you open the font dialog box the font and size you want and click the
default button then OK.
Assia,