JamesJ

Default Turn Off Closing Effect

Hi. When I close Word 2003 and click save to save the changes to
the current document I see what I believe is animation showing the
outline of a box decreasing in size. This, of course happens fast and
if I'm not looking at my monitor I'll probably miss it. Wondering what
this was and can I turn it off.

Thanks,
James

Beth Melton

What you are seeing is the animation for "Background Saves". You'll
also see a graphic of a disk in the Word status bar.

I'm not sure why you want to turn it off, since you indicated you
usually don't notice it anyway, but to turn off animation go to
Tools/Options/General and turn off "Provide feedback with animation".
If you want to turn off Background Saves then you'll find this option
on the Save tab in the Options dialog box.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/