ringo tan

Default Create a new ms words document from excel?

Hi,

I am trying to create a new ms words document with hard-coded text from an
existing ms excel spreadsheet containing data. I have an existing excel
spreadsheet say "data.xls" with 6 fields containing some records.

DATE COMPANY NAME ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTED PRICE
------- ------------------ ------- ------- --------
------------------
12 apr abc limited xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx $1234.56
11 dec xyz inc. xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx $9999.99

I am trying to automate the entire quotation process like picking the data
of each record from the 6 fields and create a new ms words document with
hard-coded text and placed those data from the 6 fields from excel.

Thank you.

Ringo

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You can use mailmerge for this. You will however have to remove the space
between COMPANY and NAME and between QUOTED and PRICE, as the mergefield
names cannot contain spaces.

See the article €śHow to create a Mail Merge€ť at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"ringo tan" wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to create a new ms words document with hard-coded text from an
existing ms excel spreadsheet containing data. I have an existing excel
spreadsheet say "data.xls" with 6 fields containing some records.

DATE COMPANY NAME ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTED PRICE
------- ------------------ ------- ------- --------
------------------
12 apr abc limited xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
$1234.56
11 dec xyz inc. xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
$9999.99

I am trying to automate the entire quotation process like picking the data
of each record from the 6 fields and create a new ms words document with
hard-coded text and placed those data from the 6 fields from excel.

Thank you.

Ringo

Actually, Word won't make a problem about the spaces; it will replace them
with an underline. But if you prefer not to have an underline, you can close
up the spaces.

"ringo tan" wrote in message
[...]

Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 04:46 AM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
Should be able to create a merged letter document and envelope do. ErieZoo Mailmerge 1 December 9th 04 12:43 AM
How do I call a file which is listed in an Excel document into a . donnlynn Mailmerge 1 November 30th 04 01:02 AM