Dick Williams

Default Edit merged excel data

Using Excel and Word 2002, Excel cells formatted in currency with 2 decimal
places merge into Word displaying 14 decimal places. How can I truncate the
14 to 2?
Graham Mayor

Use a formatting switch on the field -

Dick Williams wrote:
Using Excel and Word 2002, Excel cells formatted in currency with 2
decimal places merge into Word displaying 14 decimal places. How can
I truncate the 14 to 2?

TF

Dick

An alternative is to change the behaviour in Excel for the SS you are using.
By Default, Excel only displays the number of decimal place you set (2 by
default): however, underneath it keeps all decimal places for accuracy.
Under Tools, Options, Calculation tab, you can check the Precision as
Displayed option. This will export as seen. However, if this is a complex
SS, checking this option may produce inaccurate results.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/