Barry

Default How do I save files to a CD-RW disk from Word?

Simple I know. I am used to saving files to a floppy from Word. I no
longer have a floppy and need to save to a CD-RW disk. How is that done? I
am doing it much the same way as saving to a:drive only when I chose my d: or
CD drive I get a prompt saying access is denied see administrator. Do I need
to format the CD-RW disk or configure something first? I am lost and I know
this is simple. People do it everyday.
Barry
Chuck Davis

Simple I know. I am used to saving files to a floppy from

Word. I no
longer have a floppy and need to save to a CD-RW disk.

How is that done? I
am doing it much the same way as saving to a:drive only

when I chose my d: or
CD drive I get a prompt saying access is denied see

administrator. Do I need
to format the CD-RW disk or configure something first? I

am lost and I know
this is simple. People do it everyday.
Barry
.

Wrong Newsgroup! However, you must save to your hard drive
and then using your CD burner software write the file to
the CD.
Gordon

Chuck Davis wrote:
However, you must save to your hard drive
and then using your CD burner software write the file to
the CD.

Not at all. Format the CD for packet writing and you can save directly to
it.

Chuck Davis

Graham Mayor

Never ever read from, write to or print from floppy with Word. This is the
most certain method of ensuring document corruption. Copy to the hard disc
and work on the document from there. The same is appropriate to all
removable media, including CDRW discs. Packet writing is the least stable of
all removeable media and should not be used to save the *only* copy of any
data you may want to recover in the future.

Chuck Davis wrote:
However, you must save to your hard drive
and then using your CD burner software write the file to
the CD.

Not at all. Format the CD for packet writing and you can save
directly to it.

.

I stand corrected. Thanks to you Gordon.

Chuck Davis

Chuck Davis wrote:
However, you must save to your hard drive
and then using your CD burner software write the file to
the CD.

Not at all. Format the CD for packet writing and you

can save
directly to it.

.

I stand corrected. Thanks to you Gordon.

.

Graham,
Thank you. I knew the routine, but not the reason.
Graham Mayor

Chuck Davis wrote:

Thank you. I knew the routine, but not the reason.

The reason concerns the volatile temporary files that Word always creates in
the workspace over which you have no control or prior knowledge of their
size and number. If Word cannot create its temporary files, the document
will corrupt.