XPnewbie

Default Can I convert .wps documents to .doc?

I've been using Windows 98 and have many files in .wps format. Is there a way
to re-format them in Windows XP to be readable?

Your .wps files are created by Works, which will run as well under Windows
XP as under Windows 98, but you have to install it.

"XPnewbie" wrote in message
I've been using Windows 98 and have many files in .wps format. Is there a

way
to re-format them in Windows XP to be readable?

rck

I disagree. I have Office Pro 2000 running under XP and I can't open wps
extension files. Is there a wps to doc conversion utility out there
somewhere?

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Your .wps files are created by Works, which will run as well under Windows
XP as under Windows 98, but you have to install it.

so
all may benefit.

"XPnewbie" wrote in message
I've been using Windows 98 and have many files in .wps format. Is there a

way
to re-format them in Windows XP to be readable?

I don't see how you disagree. I said that Works (which produced the .wps
files) will run under Windows XP. Nowhere was Word mentioned (by me or the
OP). In fact, questions about Works per se are OT in this NG, but the OP
didn't mention Works or conversions. I suspected that the OP thought that
the files were somehow magically produced by Windows, unaware that they were
created in Works.

"rck" wrote in message
link.net...
I disagree. I have Office Pro 2000 running under XP and I can't open wps
extension files. Is there a wps to doc conversion utility out there
somewhere?

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Your .wps files are created by Works, which will run as well under

Windows
XP as under Windows 98, but you have to install it.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"XPnewbie" wrote in message
I've been using Windows 98 and have many files in .wps format. Is there

way
to re-format them in Windows XP to be readable?

Graham Mayor

If you know which Works version created the files you can install the
appropriate converter - most of them are linked from the downloads page of
my web site.

rck wrote:
The header is "Can I convert .wps to .doc?" Your answer said to
install "it" without saying what "it" was. I assumed you meant
installing Word.

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't see how you disagree. I said that Works (which produced the
.wps files) will run under Windows XP. Nowhere was Word mentioned
(by me or the OP). In fact, questions about Works per se are OT in
this NG, but the OP didn't mention Works or conversions. I suspected
that the OP thought that the files were somehow magically produced
by Windows, unaware that they were
created in Works.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

link.net...

"XPnewbie" wrote in message
I've been using Windows 98 and have many files in .wps format. Is
there a way
to re-format them in Windows XP to be readable?

You're right. I have a regrettable tendency to ignore subject lines when
answering questions.

"rck" wrote in message
link.net...
The header is "Can I convert .wps to .doc?" Your answer said to install

"it"
without saying what "it" was. I assumed you meant installing Word.

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't see how you disagree. I said that Works (which produced the .wps
files) will run under Windows XP. Nowhere was Word mentioned (by me or

the
OP). In fact, questions about Works per se are OT in this NG, but the OP
didn't mention Works or conversions. I suspected that the OP thought

that
the files were somehow magically produced by Windows, unaware that they
were
created in Works.

newsgroup
so