Bobby Head

Default How do I save a word Document to a disk where it is not Read-Only.

I am using Word XP , when I save a document to a CD-RW, it will not allow me
to change the document. I have tried Clicking in Properties before saving it
to the CD but I get an error message about it being unable to be read. When
it is saved to CD it comes up Read-Only
Chuck Davis

I am using Word XP , when I save a document to a CD-RW,

it will not allow me
to change the document. I have tried Clicking in

Properties before saving it
to the CD but I get an error message about it being unable

to be read. When
it is saved to CD it comes up Read-Only
.

It alway will. Save to your hard drive and then burn to the CD.

TF

Bobby

Yes. Copy it to the HDD of another PC and then remove the Read Only
attribute through Windows Explorer.

But as the others have said - always save to your HDD first and then burn to
CD. Writing direct to CD using packet writing is just about guaranteed to
break a Word document and it will always have a Read Only attribute.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Bobby Head" wrote in message
: Okay, I got it to work Thank you! If I try to use this in another PC will
: be able to open it and make changes?
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
:
: And copy back to the HD before trying to open it. A file copied from a
CD
: will always be read-only. You have to change this property in Windows
: Explorer.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Chuck Davis" wrote in message
: ...
:
: I am using Word XP , when I save a document to a CD-RW,
: it will not allow me
: to change the document. I have tried Clicking in
: Properties before saving it
: to the CD but I get an error message about it being unable
: to be read. When
: it is saved to CD it comes up Read-Only
: .
: