Brenda Markee via OfficeKB.com

Default Retrieving a File I deleted

In Microsoft Word, is there a way to retrieve a file I delted?

RWN

Check out your "Recycle" bin.

--
Regards;
Rob

Brenda Markee via OfficeKB.com

I did, It wasn't there.

RWN

Did you delete it or just not save it?

Your level of activity may be (probably is) higher than mine but I've usually been able to
retrieve deleted documents from the bin.

If it was on a network drive you may be able to get it back if you're quick and have a
good natured Administrator.

--
Regards;
Rob

Brenda Markee via OfficeKB.com

No, I deleted it. I'm not on a server. I think it would still be on my hard drive, I just don't know how to get to it.
But thank you for your help.

RWN

If you think it's still there try the Windows Search
"Start-Search" - "For Files or Folders"

--
Regards;
Rob
"Brenda Markee via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
No, I deleted it. I'm not on a server. I think it would still be on my hard drive, I

just don't know how to get to it.
But thank you for your help.

Graham Mayor

If the file is deleted the file allocation table is flagged to release the
disc space it occupied for re-use. Provided that the space has not already
been re-used, an undelete/file recovery utility would be able to recover it.
Search google for undelete utility or file recovery.
Windows itself does not provide a means of recovering deleted files cleared
from the recycle bin.