Andrew

Default word crashing--print/font dialog box

Hi there. Here's the problem: when I open certain
documents, Word consistently crashes (others open fine
though); when I click on the font pull down menu in the
toolbar, it loads VERY slowly (probably takes about 20-30
seconds to appear); trying to open the formatfont and
fileprint menus causes Word to crash as well.

I've tried to repair the files and have uninstalled and
reinstalled (using the CD--didn't do add/remove from the
control panel yet). Any idea what could be going on? I
thought maybe a corrupt font (but that doesn't explain
the problem with the print dialog box). Thanks for your
help!!

dale

I am having a similar issue. First on one machine, now it
has happened on 4 different machines. It is like a dominoe
effect from XP updates.

My issues is that certain documents when loaded into
WORD or EXCEL actually power off the machine. The only way
I have found to fix the problem is to copy the file to a
new name using Windows Explorer.

Any Ideas from any one

.