N Charles via OfficeKB.com

Default Office 2000, Citrix and Visual Basic 6

I have an 'interesting' situation where we are upgrading our Citrix Terminal Servers to Presentation Server 3 (running on Windows 2003 as opposed to Windows NT). We have installed Office 2000 and it seems to work OK. However, we also have several VB applications that we install. Whenever you start one of the VB applications, it also starts the Office set-up that you normally see when a new user logs on! This occurs even with VB apps that don't have any references to any Office products. It would be bad enough if it happened once, but it happens everytime the VB application is started.

I was wondering wether or not anybody has seen this behaviour before and what we can do to eliminate it.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi N,

I have an 'interesting' situation where we are upgrading our Citrix Terminal Servers to Presentation Server 3 (running on Windows 2003 as opposed to Windows NT). We have installed Office 2000 and it seems to work OK. However, we also have several VB applications that we install. Whenever you start one of the VB applications, it also starts the Office set-up that you normally see when a new user logs on! This occurs even with VB apps that don't have any references to any Office products. It would be bad enough if it happened once, but it happens everytime the VB application is started.

You might tray asking this in a more appropriate group, such as word.setup.networking or office.setup

For what it's worth, Word 2000 can be a PITA with this "installing and configuring" message...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)