HurricaneJeanne

Default Saving Templates

Ok, I've found a nice template on the MS Templates website. I download it,
and it opens as an active document. However, what I want to do is save it as
a clean, unedited template I can use again and again. The "Save As" dialog
won't seem to allow me to save it as a .dot file. How can I save the
template, rather than the document based on it?

Thanks!
IanRoy

Hi, HurricaneJeanne;
That's the way it should work.
Save as Save as type Document Template (*.dot)
The location should automatically change to Templates when you change the
type.
You are doing this rather than just trying to name it with a .dot extension,
right?
Regards,
IanRoy

"HurricaneJeanne" wrote:

Ok, I've found a nice template on the MS Templates website. I download it,
and it opens as an active document. However, what I want to do is save it as
a clean, unedited template I can use again and again. The "Save As" dialog
won't seem to allow me to save it as a .dot file. How can I save the
template, rather than the document based on it?

Thanks!

Paul Ballou

Do a Save As then in the Save As Dialog change the Save As Type to Document
template.

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

"HurricaneJeanne" wrote in
message ...