June

Default Pagination

Is thre a way to insert page numbers alternatively for a
book format? In other words, the manuscript is one-
sided, so the pages are numbered sequentially. Can I do
it so tat pages are 1,3 5, 7 and then 2, 4, 6, etc.?
Thank you.
Pat Garard

G'Day June,

I am a tad uncertain of your goal. It is not possible to number
pages in the form that you indicate, BUT.....

When you print a document, you can:
print only the Odd Pages (FilePrint|Print: (dropdown))
print only the Even Pages (FilePrint|Print: (dropdown))
do a Manual Duplex print (FilePrint)
print either set in reverse order (FilePrintOptions (button))
set Duplex options (FilePrintOptions (button))

Also
many printers will do Duplex Printing (by themselves) by
printing the Odd Pages
instructing you how to turn and reload the printed pages
printing the Even Pages in reverse order...

HTH
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"June" wrote in message
Is thre a way to insert page numbers alternatively for a
book format? In other words, the manuscript is one-
sided, so the pages are numbered sequentially. Can I do
it so tat pages are 1,3 5, 7 and then 2, 4, 6, etc.?
Thank you.

June

G'Evening to you! I will try to explain it better. The
printer says I have to submit the PDF camera aready, so
the pages have to be exactly as they will appear when
printed. If the manuscript is one-sided, the pagination
is, of course, sequential. So I either have to switch to
a 1,3,5 then 2,4 6 format or, if I can't do this easily
on the mansuscript itself, is there something I can click
on Acrobat that will do this for me? Thank you.

[...]

.

Daiya Mitchell

Generally, printing one-sided, you do not skip a number for the blank
reverse of a page. That page just doesn't count, so it doesn't get a number,
it gets completely ignored. Why do you think you need to do this?

You can probably do it with field math (e.g., multiply the page field times
2 and display the result), though I can't tell you exactly how.

DM

On 1/31/05 5:57 PM, "June" wrote:

[...]

me

And you can get the odd sequence using the field forumla: { = { Page } +
{ Page } -1 }

With this,

physical page 1 will be numbered 1
physical page 2 will be numbered 3
physical page 3 will be numbered 5

etc.

.. .

On 1/31/05 5:57 PM, "June" wrote:

[...]

How can I force or delay pagination and/or headers Amerikansk Page Layout 2 January 18th 05 06:21 PM
pagination Suup Microsoft Word Help 1 January 10th 05 09:22 PM
pagination all zeros Genaera Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 04:34 PM
Why is Pagination Different with Windows Word 2003 & Mac Word 2004 rjonas Page Layout 4 December 10th 04 02:30 PM
How remove pagination from last five pages only of document cs Microsoft Word Help 4 November 30th 04 09:01 PM