Barry Millman

Default Styles won't apply to all examples in a document

Again I solve my own problem.

If I check "Automatically Update" (whihc normally gets us into trouble),
then it will update all the same-styled text in the document with the
proper attributes. I then turn off "Automatically Update" and all is OK.

Me

Barry Millman wrote:

Hi:

I have defined a style called "Body Text Box" (BTB)which is (amongst
other things) indented from both margins by .3 inches.
Some of my BTB's have this indent, other do not (in the same document).

Only if I go to one of the BTB's and click Format | Apply will the
text indent properly. I was under the opinion that a style in a
document (these are all in the same document) should appear the same for
all examples of the style.

I am using MS Word 2000 in a Windows XP environment. I have
applied a Theme (Blends) to the document. I also have all of the text
in a single (centered) table...ready to put on the Web.

Another issue is that in a bulleted list (same document and theme),
I cannot delete a blank line in the list. (It is not a space before or
space after situation...just one of the items -- blank -- in the list.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry