Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roop Roop is offline

Default How do I insert the male/female symbols into my word document?

Is it possible, and if so, how do I insert the male/female symbols into my
word document?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert the male/female symbols into my word document?

  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box that appears, select "Arial Unicode MS" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the male/female symbols you want to insert.
  7. Click on the symbol you want to insert, and then click on the "Insert" button.
  8. The symbol will be inserted into your document at the location of your cursor.

    Alternatively, you can also use keyboard shortcuts to insert the male/female symbols:

    - Male symbol: Hold down the "Alt" key and type "11" on the numeric keypad.
    - Female symbol: Hold down the "Alt" key and type "12" on the numeric keypad.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Use Unicode characters 2640 (female) and 2642 (male). Word 2003
(possibly Word 2002) allows you to type the codes and then press Alt+X
to insert the symbols. For Word 2000 you'll need to use Insert |
Symbol (or the Character Map in Windows). Note that not all fonts
support these Unicode characters.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP