Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] bruno.lerer@gmail.com is offline

Default Multiple sheets per page (NOT multiple pages per sheet)

While I know how to print multiple document pages per physical sheet,
I can't find a way to print one document page across several physical
sheets!

I have a document which includes one large high-resolution image which
I would like to print across two (or, preferably four) pages (to make
it large enough to see its detail in print). I know that the Excel
print function allows you to choose to streach your spreadsheet
printout over an arbitrary array of pages (say 2X4); ideally, I would
like to do the same thing in Word.

Thanks.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Multiple sheets per page (NOT multiple pages per sheet)

How to print one document page across several physical sheets in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your document in Word and go to File Print.
  2. In the Print dialog box, click on the "Poster" button located under the "Settings" section.
  3. In the "Tile Scale" section, select the percentage of the original size that you want to print. This will determine how many pages your document will be split into.
  4. In the "Overlap" section, select the amount of overlap you want between the pages. This will ensure that the pages line up correctly when you assemble them.
  5. In the "Cut marks" section, select whether you want to include cut marks on the pages to help with assembly.
  6. Click on the "Print" button to print your document.

Once you have printed your document, you will need to assemble the pages to create the larger version. You can use tape or glue to attach the pages together, making sure to line up the edges and cut marks.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word does not have the ability to tile pages across more than one sheet.
Your printer driver may include this feature. Otherwise, you'll need to use
another application, such as Excel or Publisher, that does allow it.

wrote in message
ps.com...

While I know how to print multiple document pages per physical sheet,
I can't find a way to print one document page across several physical
sheets!

I have a document which includes one large high-resolution image which
I would like to print across two (or, preferably four) pages (to make
it large enough to see its detail in print). I know that the Excel
print function allows you to choose to streach your spreadsheet
printout over an arbitrary array of pages (say 2X4); ideally, I would
like to do the same thing in Word.

Thanks.

Kate Leeds University Kate Leeds University is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
While I know how to print multiple document pages per physical sheet,
I can't find a way to print one document page across several physical
sheets!

I have a document which includes one large high-resolution image which
I would like to print across two (or, preferably four) pages (to make
it large enough to see its detail in print). I know that the Excel
print function allows you to choose to streach your spreadsheet
printout over an arbitrary array of pages (say 2X4); ideally, I would
like to do the same thing in Word.

Thanks.
Hi
I have just had the same sort of problem but asking the printer to do 2 copies of the same thing on one sheet. I managed to sort it out so you may be able to use similar features to do the same? You make sure that you have the page you want 2 copies (or more) of pasted twice into your word document in A4 to begin with i.e. page 1 and 2 to be identical. Then go to print but don't select 2 pages per sheet here! Go to properties within within print and select 2 9or more) pages per sheet in here. Make sure that you have selected "portrait" here also. Then OK it and OK in print too if asked. I also got it to do a print preview (also within preferences) so that I wasn't constantly wasting paper. Hope it works.
aaronstone911 aaronstone911 is offline
Junior Member

Word is not capable of pages of tiles in more than one sheet. The printer driver may include this functionality. Otherwise, you have to use another application such as Excel or Publisher, it does not.