Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
paul paul is offline

Default how do I build an autotext library

I'm using word2007.
How do I build an autotext library (like in word2000)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:52:01 -0700, paul
wrote:

I'm using word2007.
How do I build an autotext library (like in word2000)?

The easiest way, if you already have a library of AutoText entries in
a template, is to put a copy of that template in the folder

%appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks

The next time you start Word, all the entries in the template will be
available. (It's best to remove any macros from that copy of the
template.)

You can add new AutoText entries to the default template (Building
Blocks.dotx), or you can add them to the separate template that you
reserve only for AutoText -- or in any template if the entries apply
only to documents based on that template. It really doesn't make much
difference where you put them if they're global. When you select some
text in a document and press Alt+F3, you can set which template the
new entry will be saved in, and which gallery will display it; one of
the gallery choices is AutoText.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman