Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

Default can I open a pdf in Word 2007?

I have a flyer that was sent to me as a pdf document. I'd like to open it
in Word 2007 (which I'm just getting used to, after using 2000 for many
years) and make/add some changes to it.

Is there any way to do this?

I once tried to find a way to do this with Publisher 2000 and didn't
seem like it's possible. Though I can save from Word or Publisher AS a pdf.

I've tried screen capture with Paint Shop Pro, but that leaves it as a
JPG or image. I tried importing- adding it to a blank Word documnet as a
JPG but it wouldn't go on straight, and didn't look/print good.

If I can get the original flyer file, which was made in Publisher, is
there a way to open this in Word? All I can see in Publisher is IMPORT Word
doc.

I've been looking around and can't seem to figure it out. And this
newsgroup does say "newusers"

Thanks,

Carrie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

As Summer pointed out, neither Word nor Publisher can open PDF files as PDFs
aren't intended to be edited. It is possible that a full-scale PDF editor
(such as Adobe Acrobat) may be able to open one for editing, but most other
software can't... That's part of their attraction

Although you can install the appropriate add-in for Office 2007 to generate
PDFs & XPSs from Office apps it is a simple utility, not a PDF editor. I
haven't personally used it, but have seen mixed reports as to how effective
it is even for simply outputting to PDF.

Another option that will most likely not provide satisfactory results - if
you can obtain a copy of the original .pub file you can open it with Pub
2007 & use FileSave AS to save in a variety of different file formats
including .doc - However, since the document structure as well as the file
structure are totally different its questionable as to whether the file will
be worth the trouble.

If you can get a copy of the original .pub, though, why not just edit it in
Publisher then generate a new PDF
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac
?

On 6/11/07 8:25 PM, in article ,
"Carrie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

"Summer" wrote in message
No there is not. Buy a conversion PDF to Word there are many to choose
from.

Okay, I didn't know there were programs (to buy or not)

I know Adobe does (or did) convert pdf to text (for free) but don't know
if it includes pictures.

~ Carrie

"Carrie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I might be able to get the Publisher document from the person who made it
(in Pub form). What they wanted was a watermark (or a sun- with beams coming
out, I have a graphic of this. What works best is using it "without washout"
with the picture first made at 50% transparancy in a photo program.. I've
tried this in Word with other documents so I know it prints the right way
for the background)

I've tried putting the 50% sun on the background in Publisher but it
doesn't seem to come out the same as the Watermark option in Word.

It's not really a big deal, I just wondered if it could be done with
2007. I knew it couldn't with 2000.

I try not to pass up any chances to learn.

~ Carrie

?