Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim[_3_] Jim[_3_] is offline

Default Changing identity on Word documents

I need to write some letters for someone else as if the letters are
written only by the other person. I use my PC and will email the other
person a Word DOC file to use on their PC. We both use Word 2003 on
WinXP.

----

However I do not want the DOC file I send to show that I have been
involved in any way at all.

(a) I do not want data in File Properties.

(b) I do not want to have my default margins, font, etc.

(c) I don't want the document file to have other data which has from
elsewhere on my PC (perhaps temp data).

----

Until now I have been sending them unformatted text but this means the
other person has to paste it into Word and then lay it all out and put
in all the formatting for empahsis.

Can I achieve what I want by swapping some Word configuration files? I
have heard about NORMAL.DOT but I don't know if it does all I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Use Notepad and let the person for whom you are playing ghost writer format
it in Word.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See these articles:

Remove Hidden Data add-in for Office 2003 and Office XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834427

http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/librar...ctWord2003.asp

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jim wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Oops - missed that part. I see that Jay has pointed you in the proper
direction anyway. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]