Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike G Mike G is offline

Default Mail Merge Problems

Word 07, had a problem with line break last week in thread "One small
problem" and solved it with SHIFT+, however now I am working on mail merges
where I am inserting an address into Word 07 and ending up with an
address block that looks double spaced when merged. Don't know how to cure
that....any ideas. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you are using the AddressBlock, instead of doing that, just insert the
individual fields in the configuration that you want, either ending each
line with a new line break (Shift+Enter) or if with a carriage return,
format the paragraphs so that they have neither space before or after.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mike G" wrote in message
Word 07, had a problem with line break last week in thread "One small
problem" and solved it with SHIFT+, however now I am working on mail
merges where I am inserting an address into Word 07 and ending up with
an address block that looks double spaced when merged. Don't know how to
cure that....any ideas. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike G Mike G is offline

Default Mail Merge Problems...Suzanne any ideas?

We do about 20 letters a day to customers, via mailmerge, and with earlier
versions of Word were no problem. Data is extracted via a blackberry (sigh)
inserting individual fields and then adding a SHIFT+ to each, to me, is
labor intensive. We are still using a 2003 version, until we can figure out
how to move it to the 07 version. TIA

"Mike G" wrote in message
Word 07, had a problem with line break last week in thread "One small
problem" and solved it with SHIFT+, however now I am working on mail
merges where I am inserting an address into Word 07 and ending up
with an address block that looks double spaced when merged. Don't know
how to cure that....any ideas. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

FWIW, I've never had any luck with the AddressBlock. I also use individual
fields. And if you are doing this in the mail merge main document (as
intended), you need do it only once.

mail merge problems. DavidH Mailmerge 1 October 10th 06 10:21 AM
Problems with mail merge PromisedOyster Mailmerge 3 September 5th 06 02:53 PM
Merge to e-mail problems Todd Mailmerge 2 September 7th 05 07:31 PM
Problems with Mail Merge Marlin Mailmerge 0 September 7th 05 03:54 PM
More Mail Merge Problems dixie Mailmerge 2 February 10th 05 07:15 AM