Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Mixon Bob Mixon is offline

Default Header Numbering

Greetings All,

In the 2003 version of MS Word, defining headers that were numbered 1, 1.1,
1.2, 1.3 was very easy to do. Now I can't figure out how to do it in MS
Word 2007. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Thank you!

--
Bob Mixon
Microsoft SharePoint (MOSS) MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tim tim is offline

In the Home tab, there is a button called Numbering in the Paragraph group.
Click on the little down arrow to the right of that button and choose
"Define new number format".

Tim