Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GJK-VA-USA GJK-VA-USA is offline

Default Complie error in hidden module: basInterface

Hi, I just installed Office Enterprise 2007, which includes MS Word 2007.
Every time I open a MS Word document from a previous edition, e.g., MS Word
2002 OR if I create a brand new MS Word 2007 document, I see the following
error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module: basInterface

If I click the OK button, the window disappears and I can work on the
document. Nevertheless, it is quite annoying.

How do I get rid of this window?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...m#CompileError

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 10:41:00 -0700, GJK-VA-USA
wrote:

Hi, I just installed Office Enterprise 2007, which includes MS Word 2007.
Every time I open a MS Word document from a previous edition, e.g., MS Word
2002 OR if I create a brand new MS Word 2007 document, I see the following
error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module: basInterface

If I click the OK button, the window disappears and I can work on the
document. Nevertheless, it is quite annoying.

How do I get rid of this window?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

GJK-VA-USA wrote:
Hi, I just installed Office Enterprise 2007, which includes MS Word
2007. Every time I open a MS Word document from a previous edition,
e.g., MS Word 2002 OR if I create a brand new MS Word 2007 document,
I see the following error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module: basInterface

If I click the OK button, the window disappears and I can work on the
document. Nevertheless, it is quite annoying.

How do I get rid of this window?

I don't know, but I'd think you would want to fix or repair whatever the
underlying problem is, rather than just turning off the error message. No?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GJK-VA-USA[_2_] GJK-VA-USA[_2_] is offline

I changed the only file in the folder which had a name to the effect of
templates.dot to a .old extension. I can no longer open ANY MS documents
(Word, Excel, etc.). System restore will not restore the lost file. I
cannot load Enterprise either, because it fails to install.

What do I do now?

wrote:

Hi, I just installed Office Enterprise 2007, which includes MS Word 2007.
Every time I open a MS Word document from a previous edition, e.g., MS Word
2002 OR if I create a brand new MS Word 2007 document, I see the following
error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module: basInterface

If I click the OK button, the window disappears and I can work on the
document. Nevertheless, it is quite annoying.

How do I get rid of this window?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I can't imagine any way in which simply renaming any .dot (or .dotx or
..dotm) file to .old could prevent all Office documents from opening.
Something else is seriously wrong with your setup. The answers to the
following questions may help to point in the right direction, or at
least rule out some possibilities.

Can you give the full name of the file you changed and the folder that
contains it?

What version of Windows are you using?

When you say you can't open any documents, exactly how are you trying
to open them, step by step?

Can you start any of the Office programs, without opening any existing
documents?

When you run the Office installer, exactly what happens? What messages
do you see (exact wording, please), in what order?

What other programs are you using with Office (or did you use with
previous Office versions)? (e.g., Adobe Acrobat)

What antivirus package is installed?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

wrote:

Hi, I just installed Office Enterprise 2007, which includes MS Word 2007.
Every time I open a MS Word document from a previous edition, e.g., MS Word
2002 OR if I create a brand new MS Word 2007 document, I see the following
error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module: basInterface

If I click the OK button, the window disappears and I can work on the
document. Nevertheless, it is quite annoying.

How do I get rid of this window?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GJK-VA-USA[_2_] GJK-VA-USA[_2_] is offline

Hi Jay,

I can't recall the name of the file, but it had the word "template" in it.

I worked all day Sunday to get Enterprise 2007 to load and work properly.
Now, I can't open ANY MS documents (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).

Right now, what I would like to do is find a way to re-install Office97 back
on my PC. I have already uninstalled Enterprise 2007. When I try to
reinstall Office 97, I receive the following window:
=======================
Windows Installer
The feature you are trying to use is on a
network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a
folder containing the installation package
"EnterpriseWW.msi" in the box below.

Use source: from a drop down menu
C:\MSOCache\All Users\991120000-0300-0000-0....
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007

========================
Again, Enterprise 2007 is uninstalled.
I cannot reinstall it because the process of reinstalling will complete
itself.

To answer your earlier questions:

Can you give the full name of the file you changed and the folder that
contains it?

Folder: c:\Documents and Setting
my name\Application\Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

Note: the folder is now empty, after changing the name.

What version of Windows are you using?
Windows XP with s2R/2sr installed.

When you say you can't open any documents, exactly how are you trying
to open them, step by step?
Trying to open them by clicking on the icons on my desktop. Clicking the icons results in the Windows Installer message, typed above, in appearing.

Can you start any of the Office programs, without opening any existing
documents?

NO.

When you run the Office installer, exactly what happens? What messages
do you see (exact wording, please), in what order?

After trying to load Enterprise 2007 using my 2-day old CD/DVD, the
setup/installation terminates. The error message I received simply states:

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 encountered an error during setup.

I don't know why. So it seems like I'm in a no-win situation. I can't load
it on my PC and I can't load Office 97 either. Again, I really would like to
remove all pieces of 2007 from PC and re-install Office 97. Can you help?

What other programs are you using with Office (or did you use with
previous Office versions)? (e.g., Adobe Acrobat)

I had installed and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat because I had read that this
might be the cause of the problem. But it did not help me remove an error
messabe about basinterface from appearing. Really, I simply do not want
Enterprise 2007 on my PC anymore. Besides, it takes up too many resources.
I would like to reinstall Office 97.

Also installed in Works Suite 2002, which is how Word 2002 got installed on
my PC. I'd like to remove Works Suite 2002 as well, because that has given
me problems too.
What antivirus package is installed?

Free software called AVAST.

wrote:

Hi, I just installed Office Enterprise 2007, which includes MS Word 2007.
Every time I open a MS Word document from a previous edition, e.g., MS Word
2002 OR if I create a brand new MS Word 2007 document, I see the following
error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module: basInterface

If I click the OK button, the window disappears and I can work on the
document. Nevertheless, it is quite annoying.

How do I get rid of this window?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Your original problem was probably attributable to an incompatible Word 97
add-in.
Use the setup on your Office 97 CD to re-install.
I understand the Enterprise version of Office is only available to corporate
users - so presumably this is a pirate copy?

wrote:

Hi, I just installed Office Enterprise 2007, which includes MS
Word 2007. Every time I open a MS Word document from a previous
edition, e.g., MS Word 2002 OR if I create a brand new MS Word
2007 document, I see the following error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module: basInterface

If I click the OK button, the window disappears and I can work on
the document. Nevertheless, it is quite annoying.

How do I get rid of this window?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GJK-VA-USA[_2_] GJK-VA-USA[_2_] is offline

Hi Graham,

I tried several time to reinstall Office 97. No luck. Would not install.

And I am using an approved Office 2007 CD/DVD. I work for the Federal Govt,
and MS has an agreement to allow us to buy its software direct.

gjk