Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dxmah dxmah is offline

Default Blank document

Hi:

Lately, whenever I open a Word document initially, what I will see is a
blank document. So I've been closing it and
reopening it and then the content appears. This has been going on for
several weeks. I havent been able to come up with a solution, evening using
search engines snd perusing MS Word website.

Any idea or remedy to this? I have Win XPand as of recent, Norton Internet
Security installed on my PC desktop.

Thanks,
=d

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"dxmah" wrote in message
et...
Hi:

Lately, whenever I open a Word document initially, what I will see is a
blank document. So I've been closing it and
reopening it and then the content appears. This has been going on for
several weeks. I havent been able to come up with a solution, evening
using search engines snd perusing MS Word website.

Any idea or remedy to this? I have Win XPand as of recent, Norton Internet
Security installed on my PC desktop.

Thanks,
=d

Has this "problem" occurred only after installing NIS? When the blank
document opens, is there a message at the bottom that says something like
"doing virus scan"? If there is, do you wait for that to finish?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Toobi-Won Kenobi Toobi-Won Kenobi is offline

"dxmah" wrote in message
et...
Hi:

Lately, whenever I open a Word document initially, what I will see is a
blank document. So I've been closing it and
reopening it and then the content appears. This has been going on for
several weeks. I havent been able to come up with a solution, evening
using search engines snd perusing MS Word website.

Any idea or remedy to this? I have Win XPand as of recent, Norton Internet
Security installed on my PC desktop.

Thanks,
=d

I've seen this before, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ngWord.htm#NAV

HtH
TWK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you are using Norton ANti Virus, open NAV and disable the Office Plug-in
option.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"dxmah" wrote in message
et...
Hi:

Lately, whenever I open a Word document initially, what I will see is a
blank document. So I've been closing it and
reopening it and then the content appears. This has been going on for
several weeks. I havent been able to come up with a solution, evening
using search engines snd perusing MS Word website.

Any idea or remedy to this? I have Win XPand as of recent, Norton Internet
Security installed on my PC desktop.

Thanks,
=d

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dxmah dxmah is offline

"Gordon" wrote in message

"dxmah" wrote in message
et...
Hi:

Lately, whenever I open a Word document initially, what I will see is a
blank document. So I've been closing it and
reopening it and then the content appears. This has been going on for
several weeks. I havent been able to come up with a solution, evening
using search engines snd perusing MS Word website.

Any idea or remedy to this? I have Win XPand as of recent, Norton
Internet Security installed on my PC desktop.

Thanks,
=d

Has this "problem" occurred only after installing NIS? When the blank
document opens, is there a message at the bottom that says something like
"doing virus scan"? If there is, do you wait for that to finish?

Hi: Yes, the message does appear. Should I wait for it to finish?