Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Craig Craig is offline

Default Aligning borders with multiple tables in a single document

Hi,
I have a one page document with several tables on the page. One table has
one more column than the other tables, and the other 2 tables have the same
column names. Unfortunately (because of manual editing), the left and right
borders of the tables do not align. They are slightly off and manually
dragging does not appear to fix the issue.

I am wondering how I can make the right and left borders line up for all the
tables. By the way, manual dragging does seem to work fine for the borders
between columns in the table. It is only the outer left and right table
borders that won't align.
Thank you,
Craig
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Aligning borders with multiple tables in a single document

Hi Craig,

I understand your frustration with the misaligned table borders in your document. Fortunately, there are a few ways to fix this issue.
  1. Use the Gridlines featu
    In Word, you can display gridlines to help you align tables. To do this, go to the "Layout" tab and click on "View Gridlines". This will display the gridlines for all tables in your document. You can then adjust the tables so that the gridlines line up.
  2. Adjust the table properties:
    Another way to align table borders is to adjust the table properties. To do this, right-click on the table and select "Table Properties". In the "Table Properties" dialog box, go to the "Table" tab and adjust the "Indent from left" and "Indent from right" values until the borders line up. You can also adjust the "Table alignment" option to center the table on the page.
  3. Use the ruler:
    You can also use the ruler to align table borders. To do this, go to the "View" tab and make sure the "Ruler" option is selected. Then, click and drag the table to align it with the ruler.

I hope these tips help you align the table borders in your document.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Craig Craig is offline

thank you, that worked. I use word all the time, but little querks like this
always come up. great to have mvps like you out there.

"Craig" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a one page document with several tables on the page. One table has
one more column than the other tables, and the other 2 tables have the

same
column names. Unfortunately (because of manual editing), the left and

right
borders of the tables do not align. They are slightly off and manually
dragging does not appear to fix the issue.

I am wondering how I can make the right and left borders line up for all

the
tables. By the way, manual dragging does seem to work fine for the borders
between columns in the table. It is only the outer left and right table
borders that won't align.
Thank you,
Craig

Aligning adjacent cells in Tables DerekB Tables 2 April 28th 07 08:31 AM
aligning cell borders Phippsy Tables 4 November 9th 05 11:00 AM
Aligning text in tables Paul Tables 2 November 4th 05 04:13 PM
Aligning text in tables Mikey Tables 5 April 22nd 05 06:43 PM
Can I have multiple tables of contents in a single Word doc? lwright Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 06:11 PM