FMWARLICK

Default Margins not holding as set.

In a manuscript of 63+ pages, right margin should be 0.5 in ----- left margin
1.5 in. When Print Preview is chosen, the actual right margin is more like 6
in. from the end of the page. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Word 2002
to get new Normal.dot templates. Blank Template looks all right to the
Ruler, but when the manuscript is opened in word, the margins revert back to
being too wide on the right. How do I correct without re-typing manuscript?
--
F Warlick

FMWARLICK

I do not know about "tracked changes" or "comments". The manuscript is not
on my machine, but one recently completed reloaded with WinXP and SP2 with
all updates and no viruses or spyware. Cannot correct the margins. Any
suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
--
F Warlick

"FMWARLICK" wrote in message
In a manuscript of 63+ pages, right margin should be 0.5 in ----- left

margin
1.5 in. When Print Preview is chosen, the actual right margin is more

like 6
in. from the end of the page. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Word

2002
to get new Normal.dot templates. Blank Template looks all right to the
Ruler, but when the manuscript is opened in word, the margins revert back

being too wide on the right. How do I correct without re-typing

manuscript?
--
F Warlick

FMWARLICK

When I make a dummy document with x's with desired margins then add a comment
the result appears to be the same as with the Problem Document. I think this
is the solution. Many thanks.
--
F Warlick

"FMWARLICK" wrote in message
In a manuscript of 63+ pages, right margin should be 0.5 in ----- left

margin
1.5 in. When Print Preview is chosen, the actual right margin is more

like 6
in. from the end of the page. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Word

2002
to get new Normal.dot templates. Blank Template looks all right to the
Ruler, but when the manuscript is opened in word, the margins revert back

being too wide on the right. How do I correct without re-typing

manuscript?
--
F Warlick

Note that uninstalling and reinstalling Word does not get you a new
Normal.dot. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have any comments or tracked changes in the document?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"FMWARLICK" wrote in message
In a manuscript of 63+ pages, right margin should be 0.5 in -----

left
margin
1.5 in. When Print Preview is chosen, the actual right margin is

more
like 6
in. from the end of the page. I have uninstalled and reinstalled

Word
2002
to get new Normal.dot templates. Blank Template looks all right to

the
Ruler, but when the manuscript is opened in word, the margins revert

back
being too wide on the right. How do I correct without re-typing
manuscript?
--
F Warlick

Charles Kenyon

Turn off the display of comments as balloons and see what happens to both
documents.

Tools Options Track Changes
Set it to "Never"
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have any comments or tracked changes in the document?

so
all may benefit.