jeanmac

Default Change Layout for Page 2 to Columns

Does anyone know how I can force page 2 of a document to be 2-column text? I
want to create a template that will have normal text on the first page,
2-column text on subsequent pages and normal text on the last page. I am
stuck at the 2-column text bit.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Stefan Blom

At the end of the first page, insert a section break: On the Insert
menu, click Break. Choose one of the section break types, such as "Next
page" or "Odd page". The type of break to pick depends on what you need
for this document. An odd page section break forces a blank page if the
previous section ends on an odd page.

With the cursor in your newly created section, choose FormatColumns.
Click the "Two" option. Adjust the space between columns if you want to
and then click OK.

Repeat the above steps to insert the last page, but (of course) specify
one column instead of two.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jeanmac" wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can force page 2 of a document to be 2-column

text? I
want to create a template that will have normal text on the first

page,
2-column text on subsequent pages and normal text on the last page. I

am
stuck at the 2-column text bit.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

jeanmac

Thankyou for the reply. I do know how to create a two column text page, I
think I put it badly, what I meant was does anyone know of code that will
force a page not yet created to be two column text, this is for people who
are very basic users and they just want to carry on typing from page 1 (which
is normal) to page two and for that page to be two columns. Is that possible?

Thankyou

"jeanmac" wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can force page 2 of a document to be 2-column

text? I
want to create a template that will have normal text on the first

page,
2-column text on subsequent pages and normal text on the last page. I

am
stuck at the 2-column text bit.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

jeanmac

What I wanted to know is if code could be written to say that you have
reached page 2 and that a section break should be inserted and followed by 2
column text. I've been trying to do that, but so far haven't had any
success. Do you have any ideas?

Thankyou for getting back to me.

Jeanmac

"jeanmac" wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can force page 2 of a document to be 2-column
text? I
want to create a template that will have normal text on the first
page,
2-column text on subsequent pages and normal text on the last page. I
am
stuck at the 2-column text bit.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

If it's code you're looking for, you need to be posting in one of the
word.vba NGs.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no way to "carry on typing" from a single-column to a

double-column
section. A section break is required, and it will necessarily break the
text.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.