TimT

Default Need footer on last page of one or two page document

Hey all,
Maybe I'm not understanding the how the if statement works completely in Word.
I am trying to create a template that will insert a disclosure on the footer
of thelast page of a memo - The memo can be one or more pages.
Could someone help me write the IF statement that would go in the footer to
put a certain line of verbiage on the last page of a document whether it is
one or more pages?
Please!
Doug Robbins

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "Replace this with the disclosure text" "" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { } and Alt+F9 to toggle
off the display of field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"TimT" wrote in message
news
Hey all,
Maybe I'm not understanding the how the if statement works completely in
Word.
I am trying to create a template that will insert a disclosure on the
footer
of thelast page of a memo - The memo can be one or more pages.
Could someone help me write the IF statement that would go in the footer
put a certain line of verbiage on the last page of a document whether it
is
one or more pages?
Please!

Greg Maxey

In the footer, place the following field {IF {PAGE} = {NUMPAGES}"Your
text"""}

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

TimT wrote:
Hey all,
Maybe I'm not understanding the how the if statement works completely
in Word. I am trying to create a template that will insert a
disclosure on the footer of thelast page of a memo - The memo can be
one or more pages.
Could someone help me write the IF statement that would go in the
footer to put a certain line of verbiage on the last page of a
document whether it is one or more pages?
Please!

TimT

I must be doing something wrong because when I do this all I see at the
bottom of all the pages is "PAGE"
Does this only work in Word 2003?

TimT wrote:
Hey all,
Maybe I'm not understanding the how the if statement works completely
in Word. I am trying to create a template that will insert a
disclosure on the footer of thelast page of a memo - The memo can be
one or more pages.
Could someone help me write the IF statement that would go in the
footer to put a certain line of verbiage on the last page of a
document whether it is one or more pages?
Please!

TimT

No. I'm still having some problems here.
Let me take you step by step of what I'm doing because all I see is the word
"PAGE" at the bottom of the document and I can't figure it out.

Open new doc
View\Header Footer
Click on Footer
Cntrl + F9
Cntrl + V to paste IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "Replace this with the
disclosure text" ""
Alt + F9
Print Preview

Am I still doing something wrong?