Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
theRman theRman is offline

Default How to open in Word 2007 a Word document older than 1995?

I am not able to open in Word 2007 documents created by Word older than 1995.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Are you sure that file isn't corrupt?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"theRman" wrote in message
I am not able to open in Word 2007 documents created by Word older than
1995.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For the oldest Word formats, you may need an add-in converter. The DOSWORD
converter you can download from my web site should work, but I have no old
Word documents to test it. http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm
You will need to change the included registry patch from

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ Word\Text
Converters\Import\DOSWord]
"Name"="Word for DOS"
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft
Shared\\TextConv\\Doswrd32.CNV"
"Extensions"="doc"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\ Word\Text