CR Optiker

Default Quarter-Fold Greeting Cards?

Is there a template or macro available for a quarter-fold greeting card -
that is, generate the four pages (front, back, inside-left, insode-right)
as four individual quarter size pages, then print them in their correct
orientation and placement on a single sheet?

thanks!
Optiker

You may find such templates in the Office Template Gallery
http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx?, but Word is not the
best application for this type of layout. You'd be much better off with
Publisher, PrintMaster, PrintShopDeluxe, Home Publishing, or one of the many
greeting card software applications.

"CR Optiker" wrote in message
Is there a template or macro available for a quarter-fold greeting card -
that is, generate the four pages (front, back, inside-left, insode-right)
as four individual quarter size pages, then print them in their correct
orientation and placement on a single sheet?

thanks!
Optiker

CR Optiker

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:13:03 -0600, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

You may find such templates in the Office Template Gallery
http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx?, but Word is not the
best application for this type of layout. You'd be much better off with
Publisher, PrintMaster, PrintShopDeluxe, Home Publishing, or one of the many
greeting card software applications.

Suzanne...thanks for the quick reply! I will check the gallery, and yes, I
realize there are better apps. I had been using Micrografx Windows Draw for
years, but it had some stability problems, and it's no longer available or
supported. When I upgraded from Win98 to XP on a new com[puter lately, I
decided to abandon it and try to find an alternative. Since Word is likely
to be around longer than I am, it at least avoids the
obsolescence/compatibility problems, so seemed to be worth looking into.

Thanks again!
Optiker
gordo

Change the paper orientation to landscape. Then use text boxes with the text
rotated 90 degrees. Also rotate any pictures, clip art, etc by 90 degrees.
You can fold the paper, then write big numbers on each page, unfold it and
use it as a guide for where to put your text and pictures.

It is too bad that Microsoft had not taken advantage of a simple opportunity
to provide 180 degree rotation of text boxes (not just the text) in the
current version of Word . We can hope for that in the next version. While I
am on my soapbox, it would be of great value to provide the capability of
using the Window Address Book (.wab) files for obtaining addresses in
addition to obtaining them from current sources such as Outlook.

Regards,

Gordo