Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Eddie Turfboer Eddie Turfboer is offline

Default Word 2007 - Header footer design

Hello everybody,

I am currently using the new office beta. I have started using it with while
it was in beta 2. When using that version I experienced some handy features:
Built-in Cover Pages, headers and footer. Now I have installed the technical
refresh and the built-in design for the cover page is still there, however
the designs for the headers and footers are gone. Does anybody know how to
get them back or is it just overlooked by Microsoft?

I was skeptical about the new interface at first, however my opinion has
chanced!

Oh, by the way, I find it particular funny that when I insert and cover
page, header of footer I have to fill in document titles, dates and all the
rest of the stuff. Isn't there the document properties where you can link
to? I have to do it manually every time?

With greetings,
Eddie Turfboer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Eddie,

I am currently using the new office beta. I have started using it with while
it was in beta 2. When using that version I experienced some handy features:
Built-in Cover Pages, headers and footer. Now I have installed the technical
refresh and the built-in design for the cover page is still there, however
the designs for the headers and footers are gone.

There are still headers and footers, but with the changes the old Building
Blocks.dotx may not be completely accessible. If you go to Insert/Header do you
get a few selections? (If Word mentions not being able to access Building
Blocks.dotx and asks if you want to regenerate it, answer "Yes").

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)