Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matthew Matthew is offline

Default Headers and footers outside margins

I need to set up a template for a book type of publication. I have wide
outside mirrored margins for the main body of the pages. I want to create a
header that prints outside the main page margins. How do I do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Anchor a text box or frame to the header; you can then position it
anywhere on the page. Since it is in the header, it will be visible on
all pages using that header.

See also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...apeSection.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Matthew" wrote in message
I need to set up a template for a book type of publication. I have

wide
outside mirrored margins for the main body of the pages. I want to

create a
header that prints outside the main page margins. How do I do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Matthew" wrote in message
I need to set up a template for a book type of publication. I

have
wide
outside mirrored margins for the main body of the pages. I want

create a
header that prints outside the main page margins. How do I do

this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you really want to print in the side margin (as Stefan assumed), then his
reply is correct (and see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm for more), but if you
just want a header in the header space to extend into the margin, you can
apply a negative indent to the header paragraph.

"Matthew" wrote in message
I need to set up a template for a book type of publication. I have wide
outside mirrored margins for the main body of the pages. I want to create

header that prints outside the main page margins. How do I do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point.

By the way, is that article new? I don't think I've seen it before.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you really want to print in the side margin (as Stefan assumed),

then his
reply is correct (and see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm for more), but

if you
just want a header in the header space to extend into the margin,

you can
apply a negative indent to the header paragraph.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Matthew" wrote in message
I need to set up a template for a book type of publication. I

have wide
outside mirrored margins for the main body of the pages. I want

to create
header that prints outside the main page margins. How do I do

this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, it's new; it was published September 28. Other (relatively) new
articles a

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm (September 20)

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/ThumbIndex.htm (October 3)