Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Danielm Danielm is offline

Default Clipboard-style reading

Is there a way to have Word automatically print even-numbered pages upside
down, while odd-numbered pages stay right-side up? I know I could replace the
paper in the printer manually, but the printer is way in the other room, and
there are many users in my office. I want to be able to put the pages on a
clipboard/roll-file and have all pages readable without having to turn the
page or one's head. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I don't think you'll be able to do this without a great deal of labor.

You could make a graphic of each even-numbered page, rotate it, and paste it
into the document in place of the real text (see
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm). I wouldn't want to do this with more
than a few pages.

If the printer has a PostScript engine, you might be able to use special
codes in Print fields. I'm not sure there's a PostScript command to rotate a
page, but there are lots of weird things in PS.

In both of these cases, the modified document couldn't be edited any further
without having to redo some or all of the work.

How about this: Print the whole document single-sided (for convenience,
print the odd and even pages separately, using the bottom-left dropdown in
the Print dialog). Put the odd-numbered pages into the paper supply drawer
of a photocopier, and put the even-numbered pages upside-down in the input
tray. Copy the even pages onto the backs of the odd pages.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Danielm wrote:
Is there a way to have Word automatically print even-numbered pages
upside down, while odd-numbered pages stay right-side up? I know I
could replace the paper in the printer manually, but the printer is
way in the other room, and there are many users in my office. I want
to be able to put the pages on a clipboard/roll-file and have all
pages readable without having to turn the page or one's head. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you are duplexing the pages, your printer driver should give you a choice
of which way to flip the pages (long side or short side). I believe "short
side" is what you want.