Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charligov Charligov is offline

Default e-mail merge

I'm working on an e-mail merge and I need to send it out on behalf of someone
else. However, I dont see an option for this in the message options window.
Is there a work around or this can not be done under a delegates permission.
In other words do you have to be logged in as that person in order to do
this type of merge?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Yes - you have to set the account you wish to mail from as default for the
duration of the merge.

MAPILab's Mailmerge toolkit add-in for Outlook
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/ does provide the option to choose
from a range of installed e-mail accounts. There is a demo version you can
try.

Charligov wrote:
I'm working on an e-mail merge and I need to send it out on behalf of
someone else. However, I don't see an option for this in the message
options window. Is there a work around or this can not be done under
a delegates permission. In other words do you have to be logged in as
that person in order to do this type of merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charligov Charligov is offline

Thanks Graham, but I forgot to state what version of word that I'm working
with. It's 2003 can it be done in 2003?

Charligov wrote:
I'm working on an e-mail merge and I need to send it out on behalf of
someone else. However, I don't see an option for this in the message
options window. Is there a work around or this can not be done under
a delegates permission. In other words do you have to be logged in as
that person in order to do this type of merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The information that Graham supplied applies to 2003 as well.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Charligov wrote:
I'm working on an e-mail merge and I need to send it out on behalf of
someone else. However, I don't see an option for this in the message
options window. Is there a work around or this can not be done under
a delegates permission. In other words do you have to be logged in as
that person in order to do this type of merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charligov Charligov is offline

The toolkit worked fine, but it won't work for "on behalf" of others. You
but be logged in as the person that needs to send it. Thanks for all your
help.

Charligov wrote:
I'm working on an e-mail merge and I need to send it out on behalf of
someone else. However, I don't see an option for this in the message
options window. Is there a work around or this can not be done under
a delegates permission. In other words do you have to be logged in as
that person in order to do this type of merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is a check box on the toolkit dialog that selects the default e-mail
address. If you uncheck that box, the toolkit allows you to pick from any
e-mail address you have access to. You don't have to be logged into that
account.