Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Julie Julie is offline

Default mail merge is not recognizing all of data source

I have used a mail merge with an excel spreadsheet for several years.
Recently, the mail merge is recognizing only half of the spreadsheet. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Take a look at the row(s) after the last row that merges, particularly for
an empty cell, particularly in the first column and make sure that there is
not a hidden row.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Julie" wrote in message
I have used a mail merge with an excel spreadsheet for several years.
Recently, the mail merge is recognizing only half of the spreadsheet. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Julie Julie is offline

I tried several things and the problem ended up being the data source. When
I go to open data source, there are two copies of my spreadsheet. One is
called "linked" and that is the one that doesn't work. I am going to post a
new question as to how to get rid of that.
Julie

"Julie" wrote:

I have used a mail merge with an excel spreadsheet for several years.
Recently, the mail merge is recognizing only half of the spreadsheet. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you open an Excel workbook as a data source using the default
method in Word 2002 and later (OLE DB), a dialog box pops up showing
whatever "tables" the OLE DB provider sees in the workbook. There is
typically one for each spreadsheet, but there may also be one for each
/range name/ in the workbook that specifies an area in a worksheet.
Excel creates some range names of its own, e.g. if you specify a range
to print, or specify that a certain region contains a database. I don't
know whether Excel does anything that creates a range name called
"linked," but if you make a backup copy of the sheet and remove the
"linked" name it should disappear from the list available to Word.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk