Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Yossi Yossi is offline

Default How to do a Mail Merge from Access with 3 Tiers/Levels?

Hi,

I hope that Word can do this but I have no idea how this can be done.

Lets say I have an Access database with Customers, Invoices and Payments per
Invoice.

I want to create a mail merge document which would show for each Customer,
all their Invoices but within each Invoice, show all the Payments:

Customer 1
- Invoice 1
- Payment 1
- Payment 2
- Payment 3...
- Invoice 2
- Payment 1
- Payment 2
- Invoice 3 etc..

Customer 2
- Invoice 1
- Payment 1
- Invoice 2 (no payments)
- Invoice 3
- Payment 1

etc...

Each Customer, Invoice and Payment section has it's own special formating.

Understanding that Word may not be the medium to produce this output, can MS
Word do this in a mail merge or if not, how can this be accomplished?

Urgently looking forward to your comments,

Les
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly as
required.

However, I doubt that this can be done in Word at all via Mailmerge.

I believe that you would have a much better chance using an Access report in
which you can group by up to four levels.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news