Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PCA LEB PCA LEB is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

I use Microsoft Word 2000. Is there a way that I can essentially have the
software search an entire document for a key word or phrase and have each
instance of that key word or phrase automatically highlighted? I don't want
to use the search function to highlight each word individually.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If by "highlighted" you mean "selected," then no, you can't do this in Word
2000 (later versions have a "Highlight all items found" option). If by
"highlighted" you mean "formatted with a colored highlight," then yes, click
More to expand the dialog (if necessary), place the insertion point in the
"Replace with" box, click on Format, and select Highlight.

"PCA LEB" PCA wrote in message
I use Microsoft Word 2000. Is there a way that I can essentially have the
software search an entire document for a key word or phrase and have each
instance of that key word or phrase automatically highlighted? I don't
want
to use the search function to highlight each word individually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PCA LEB[_2_] PCA LEB[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I have tried the
technique you suggested and it worked perfectly.

Dan