Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Confused87 Confused87 is offline

Default 07 Merge Address

I have invoices which are lined up thus:

_Tenant_ Date: _Date_
_Unit_
_Address 1_
_Address 2_
_Address 3_ Invoice: _invoice number_
_Address 4_
_Address 5_

_X_ - this denotes merge field.

This is in a table so it will format correctly. In the Address Block feature
if there is a blank(so if there's only an Address 1,2 and 5) it will just
fill in the next address line. I can't seperate them out, so when but when I
create it through Insert Merge Field it allows blanks - any ideas what Rules
I can use?

Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Assuming that if Address 3 is blank then Address 4 is also blank, you would
use the following field construction in which you must use Ctrl+F9 to insert
each pair of field delimiters { } and where the ¶ appears, you press the
Enter key so a new line is inserted at that point. You use Alt+F9 to toggle
off the display of the field codes.

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Address 3" } "" "{ MERGEFIELD "Address 3" }¶
{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Address 4" } "" "{ MERGEFIELD "Address 4" }¶
{ MERGEFIELD "Address 5" }" "{ MERGEFIELD "Address 5" }" }" "{ MERGEFIELD
"Address 5" }" }

It will NOT work if you use the { and } keys on the keyboard to insert what
need to be field delimiters.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.