Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default view and print data base in mdb file format

All my previous data bases and mail merge documents were made in word
97-2003, and the data base lists can be viewed and printed. I now have word
2007 and the MDB format in making new data bases doesn't allow me to open for
viewing or printing --- I get jibberish when i open a data base without
viewing the list through a 2007 word doc. in mail merge. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use the data source with a Directory type mail merge main document in which
you have the mergefields in the cells of a one row table. When you execute
that merge to a new document, that new document will contain a table with a
row of data for each record in the data source. You can insert a row at the
top of the table into the cells of which you type the names of the
mergefields (do not insert the merge fields themselves) and you can then
edit and save that document and use it as a data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Bruce" wrote in message
All my previous data bases and mail merge documents were made in word
97-2003, and the data base lists can be viewed and printed. I now have
word
2007 and the MDB format in making new data bases doesn't allow me to open
for
viewing or printing --- I get jibberish when i open a data base without
viewing the list through a 2007 word doc. in mail merge. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SuZen SuZen is offline

Cany ou give a step by step process of this. This did not make sense to me on
how to print a list out.

Thank you

"Bruce" wrote in message
All my previous data bases and mail merge documents were made in word
97-2003, and the data base lists can be viewed and printed. I now have
word
2007 and the MDB format in making new data bases doesn't allow me to open
for
viewing or printing --- I get jibberish when i open a data base without
viewing the list through a 2007 word doc. in mail merge. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you happen to have Access or Excel, make a copy of the .mdb, open the
copy using Access/Excel, then in Access you can use the reporting
facilities, and in Excel you can print the list how you like. Don't work
with the original.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk